Construction and the Built Environment
The Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment provides learners with the underpinning knowledge and basic skills needed in a wide range of industry areas. It explores the built environment in terms of its economic, social and environmental impact on both individuals and communities. This Diploma also looks at the different demands made upon land use over time as well as the activities which shape, develop and influence the built environment. The Construction and the Built Environment Diploma provides an understanding of how this key sector works from the inside out.
Industries in the sector include:
- building services engineering (electrotechnical, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration and plumbing industries)
- property, housing, cleaning services and facilities management
- energy and utilities (electricity, gas, waste management and water industries)
- process and manufacturing industries (coatings, extractives, building products, glass and print)
- designing, constructing and maintaining process plants for the oil, gas, water, environmental, food, power generation, pharmaceutical and chemical industries
Our Principal Learning specifications have been put together into three main themes giving you clear and well structured teaching methods:
- design the built environment
- create the built environment
- value and use the built environment
Tips: levels 1 and 2 allow co-teaching to create an inclusive qualification with opportunities for optimum level of learner achievement.