The Diploma is graded at all levels. In order to be awarded a Diploma a learner must complete all of its components. Information about assessments for each Diploma component is below:
The Diploma grade is derived from the aggregate score of Principal Learning and the Project. The grading of the Diploma will be reported in the following way:
- Foundation Diploma: A*, A, B or ungraded (U)
- Higher Diploma: A*, A, B, C or ungraded (U)
- Advanced Diploma: A*, A, B, C, D, E or ungraded (U)
Diploma Grading Example
Each learner will receive a Diploma transcript, this will:
- record and report achievement in units and qualifications within the Diploma programme
- contain grades at unit level for Principal Learning
- record the achievement of Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- record the completion of Work Experience
All work will be moderated, find out more about the moderation process.
For more information please read our Domain Assessor FAQs.